Whitewash background

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Three Months



There are certain things that happen everywhere we go.

People ooh and ahh over the Wren Bird.
They tell me she's such a cute little boy.
I resolve not to dress her in blue any longer.
I see that she's just so darn cute in blue stripes that I vow to move to France.

The Midwest isn't ready for little girls in Breton stripes.

Something else also happens wherever we go.
I've come to the conclusion that we give off an intense aroma of heavenly delight and manic desperation.  It begs for sweet ladies at the grocery store and the JoAnn's cutting counter to look beseechingly into my eyes and whisper with tears choking their words that the Wren Bird will be grown and gone before I know it -- I must cherish every second.

Well I'll show them.

In order to make time slow down, I will now be posting monthly updates at seven week intervals.

For the Birdie's three month birthday we went downtown to experience the Super Bowl Madness.
In the middle of the week.
At 11:00a in the morning.
Just our speed.



She wasn't that impressed.


I bet she would have been if we'd seen Ryan Gosling.

Hey Girl.



This month the Birdie met some special people...


and played with some special friends.



She learned that the tv is the mostamazingthingEVER.

I learned that it was worth compromising my 
crunchy-mama-books-only vision when tummy time became the 
latest form of child abuse.
Obviously this is the first principle I've compromised since the Birdie arrived.


I should probably end on that note.



No comments:

Post a Comment