Whitewash background

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Scenes From the Week a Birdie Flew In


Wren Louise Strycker

10:58p | November 2nd
6lbs 8oz | 19in

A few of the moments from this past week.

We went to the hospital Tuesday night.

After a night of Dexter, I spent Wednesday morning crunching ice, reading blogs, and Pinteresting with our fabulous nurse, Carmen.


After the epidural, visitors were fabulous.

After a week of knitting frantically, I still had to finish ONE MORE hat.

There were a few scary moments through the day, when the doctor was about to take us back for a c-section because I wasn't progressing but Wren's heart rate was decelerating.  At 9:15p, the doctor told me I had until 10:30p to progress or off to surgery we'd go.  She left the room and told the anesthesiologist that we'd be heading back to the OR in an hour.
I often struggle with procrastination because I tell myself I work well under pressure. 
Apparently that is still true.  
At 10:35p she looked at me in surprise and said I was ready to push.
Thankfully, once the Wren Bird was ready to come, she was READY.  Within 10 minutes of leaving the room, the doctor was back in the room, while Carmen urged frantically, "Wait! Wait! Don't push anymore!"

Healthy, safe, and squishy - even her little cone head was perfect and beautiful to me.
Watching the Mister hold the Wren Bird and tell her how beautiful she is, have been some of my favorite moments in the last few days.
Our first family photo!


Just a few of the wonderful visitors we've had.  We are so incredibly blessed to have so many dear friends to share in our joy!

Uncle Jim
Aunt Jennie

Grace and Emma - Future Babysitters!

Aunt Emily and Wren Bird in matching hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment