Whitewash background

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Evidence of a Newborn




Looking back over this past week, there are some decisive clues that a newborn has brought drastic change to our little home.

1. Stumbling in from a 3am feeding, I saw the Mister sleeping with his face smooshed into the pillow and I almost woke him up in hysterics because of his high risk of SIDS.

2. I allowed a 25% off a sale-priced purchase coupon to JoAnn's expire.
{{I didn't realize it was expired until I tried to use it.  Then I cried.  And blamed hormones.}}

3. When the Mister asked if I was excited to get my new iPhone I responded with despair, "I don't want an iPhone, I just want to sleep."
{{I recovered when I heard Siri could sleep for me.  The iPhone is ordered.}}

4. My pretty magazines remain unopened.
5. Multiple loads of laundry remain in various stages of completion.
6. A trip to the Yankee Candle store was pure pleasure instead of desperate and fearful sniffs to find the candle that wouldn't make me ill.
{{Which is more "Evidence of Not Being Pregnant Anymore" than "Evidence of a Newborn"... eh, semantics.)
Posted by Picasa
7. We now think "milk drunk" is just about the funniest thing that ever did happen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment